PDS-forum is a co-operation between oil companies, engineering companies, consultants, vendors and researchers, with a special interest in safety instrumented systems.
There are more than 20 participating companies in the forum, meeting twice a year for workshops, presentations and technical discussions.
The main objective of the PDS-forum is to maintain a professional meeting place for exchange of experience between vendors and users of control and safety systems. The primary focus is on safety and reliability aspects of such systems. Topics of the forum are:
• Exchange of experience and ideas related to design and operation of instrumented safety systems
• Exchange of information on new field developments and SIS application areas
• Use of new standards for control and safety systems
• Development of guidelines for the use of these standards
• Exchange and use of reliability field data
The official language of the forum is Norwegian.