PDS-forum has two annual meetings; one during the spring and one in the autumn.
Every meeting is stipulated to two days. The first day usually starts with a workshop around noon and the main meeting starts in the afternoon with introductory talks followed by a dinner. The second day starts with talks and discussions concerning the predefined agenda and the meeting ends with a common lunch.
The presentations usually cover a variety of relevant topics and are given by the forum members, by SINTEF personnel, as well as external speakers. All meetings are held in Trondheim, Norway.
A typical PDS-forum meeting
Day 1 (starting around 12 AM)
- Workshop on a PDS and SIS related topic for 2-3 hours with introduction speekers, group discussioins and plenary discussions.
- Series of 3-4 lectures
- Dinner in the evening
- Series of 4-6 lectures
- Lunch around 12 AM
Typical lectures in the main meeting
- Status on updates of standards like IEC 61511/61508
- Safety Instrumented systems in other industries (aviation, railway, car industry, etc.)
- New development projects
- New equipment within safety instrumented systems
- Operational follow-up of Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- PDS administration – presentation of the status on the ongoing PDS research project